HEADER PHOTO

HEADER PHOTO

#MapleVoxBox from Influenster and Review!

Sunday, December 01, 2013

What Is Influenster?

Influenster is a free-to-join community of trendsetters, social media hotshots, and educated consumers who live to give opinions of products and experiences.

The Influenster site is a hub where members meet to learn about new products from our favorite brands as well as review the products they already use in their day-to-day lives!
Influenster invites its most active members to participate in exclusive VoxBox programs where members receive complimentary products to test and review.  In exchange, we ask our members to do what they already love to do: share their opinions with their friends and followers on social media! - - -influenster.com

Back on January 2nd 2013 I signed up for Influenster. I fill out a bunch of surveys, left some reviews about products I enjoyed and didn't go back for a while because it was not yet available to Canada. About 2 weeks ago I got an e-mail saying I qualified for the 1st ever Canadian box called #MapleVoxBox

I was so stoked. I clicked the link to take the survey then I waited. Last week I signed in to see and I had the badge and the next morning? The awesome box jam packed was at my door! I was really surprised to see how much was in the box and the fact they weren't samples, but actual sizes of the products was a huge plus for me. I was so impressed. I am going to review each product individually on the blog and today I am reviewing the Mascara that was in the box called "NYC Big Bold Curl" in Black.

REVIEW: NYC Big Bold Curl Mascara

I am really picky when it comes to mascara. I hate when it clumps and I hate when I have to constantly fix it or touch it up. I didn't have that problem with NYC Big Bold Curl.

I was able to put it on with the big brush it comes with, and not have to worry about clumps. I was worried with how big and chunky the brush is, but was impressed by how smooth and quick it went on with the bigger brush.

My Eye lashes aren't very long, but they do curl pretty well themselves so I  was surprised when I put it on and it immediately gave them more volume and it was a noticeable difference. The photo above doesn't really give a perfect representation of it because it was hard to capture but you can see a difference.

My favorite part of the mascara besides the immediate volume was the fact it didn't have any smell like some mascara's I have tried. I can't use any product on my face that has any scent what-so-ever due to migraines, so this was a huge plus for me. Even the smallest scent trigger my head.

I left it on for about 6 hours and it was still perfect by the end of the time. It was easily removed by my make up pads, and I was extremely happy that it came off so quickly.

Retailing for $4.99 it is inexpensive and would be perfect for every make up bag! I am extremely happy with NYC Big Bold Curl, so much so it will now be the first thing I reach for when getting ready in the morning. Great product, I would recommend.


please note, I did receive NYC Big bold curl from Influenster for free for the purpose of testing and reviewing. The opinions and thoughts expressed here are solely 100% my own and factual, I did not receive any other compensation for my test or review.

1 comment:

  1. I always love your make up photos on I.G I will try this

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Hover Pin It Code

 
Designed with ♥ by Nudge Media Design